Skip to content

Filing a Complaint

Filing a Complaint

According to section 37 of the Ordinance, a complaint must be in writing in Chinese or English or in another form accepted by the Commissioner and must specify the act or practice complained of and the data user involved. To lodge a complaint, the complainant may fill in our complaint form (general complaints (OPS001) / doxxing complaints (OPS004)) with supporting evidence(s). For verification of identity, the complainant may either produce the original of his / her identity document in person or provide a copy of his / her identity document with the complaint. Upon receipt of the complaint, the PCPD would follow the matter in accordance with our "Complaint Handling Policy".

You may send your complaints through the following channels:-

  • By Post / In Person

    Room 1303, 13/F, Dah Sing Financial Centre, 248 Queen's Road East, Wanchai,Hong Kong

    Opening hours of Reception Counter:
    Monday to Friday: 8:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. & 1:50 p.m. to 5:40 p.m.

Personal Information Collection Statement:


Please be advised that it is voluntary for you to supply to the PCPD your personal data. All personal data submitted will only be used for purposes which are directly related to this complaint.

You have the right to request access to and correction of your personal data held by the PCPD. Request for access or correction of personal data should be made in writing to the Data Protection Officer at the address: 13/F, Dah Sing Financial Centre, 248 Queen's Road East, Wanchai, Hong Kong.

The personal data submitted may be transferred to parties who will be contacted by us during the handling of this case including the party being complained against or other parties concerned. The information provided may also be disclosed to agencies who are authorised to receive information relating to law enforcement, prosecution or review of the Commissioner's decisions.